Monday, July 27, 2009

Restaurant Review: McAlister's Deli

Debbie's post at Gluten Free Durham reminded me that I meant to do a review on McAlister's. Earlier in the summer I went to the one in Durham at New Hope Commons, but there is also a McAlister's on Franklin Street.

Here is the list of gluten free options on the website:

Sandwiches without bread: Smoked Deli Turkey, Roast Beef, Corned Beef, Chicken Salad, and Tuna Salad.

Southwestern Roasted Corn Soup

Plain Baked Potato with (or without) butter

Sides: Mashed potatoes without gravy, potato salad, steamed broccoli & carrots, and fruit salad

Dressings and Extras: all cheeses, lite sour cream, all salad dressing, bacon, and bacon bits

Grilled chicken breast is not gluten free due to the seasoning.

When I went to McAlister's I got a baked potato with butter, cheese, bacon, and sour cream. I've only been once, but I'll certainly go again!

No comments: