Sunday, March 15, 2009

Restaurant Review: Spanky’s

Spanky’s Restaurant and Bar located at 101 E. Franklin Street is a place I often visit. I decided to call Spanky’s before going tonight so that I could have the most up-to-date gluten free info. The hostess who answered the phone was very knowledgeable. She told me that the ribs, barbeque plate, and hamburger without bun were all gluten free. I was told that customers often ask about gluten free options and I know from experience that servers are always very helpful. The hostess told me that any dish could be modified to be gluten free if I asked. Also, she offered to let me speak to the chef if I had a question about a certain dish. Tonight, as usual, I got the Carolina BBQ Plate with coleslaw. Just make sure to order fresh fruit instead of cornbread.

Spanky’s is open for lunch from 11 am to 4 pm seven days a week. The dinner hours are from 4 pm to 9:30 pm Sunday to Wednesday and 4 pm to 11 pm Thursday to Saturday.


View Larger Map

No comments: